Why Buying a Used Jeep Wrangler Might Make You a Genius
Not all cars, trucks, and SUVs are created equal. This is especially true when it comes to purchasing used versions of certain models. Some automotive brands are exceptional at holding their value, while others very simply fall short. Jeep vehicles don’t just make good new cars, they make great used ones as well. This fact can be attributed to the manufacturing and design quality of Jeep brand vehicles, but we would be remiss not to credit Jeep owners for playing a large part in this as well.
The term “Jeep Culture” wasn’t coined on a whim, but rather as a result of more than seven decades of Jeep drivers proving that there is truly something unique about getting behind the wheel of America’s most iconic SUV. Buying used Jeeps in Colorado Springs, CO, or anywhere else for that matter, means owning a part of history. It means becoming a part of past adventures, while creating new ones going forward.
Reasons to Love the Wrangler
It is hard to argue with the fact that the Wrangler is the most iconic vehicle in the Jeep brand lineup. Some even may argue that it is the most widely recognized car in the world. Whichever way it is perceived, it is without a doubt an unmistakable presence on the road. With a history steeped in American tradition, bravery, and adventure, the Jeep Wrangler has incredible appeal in the used car market.
A Wrangler can be easily spotted on mountain trails, or seen commuting into the city for a day at the office. Something about the Wrangler has mass appeal, and until you get behind the wheel of one, it might be hard to recognize.
As with any vehicle, the Wrangler can transform into what the driver needs it to be. For those who take longer excursions, the Wrangler Unlimited offers more interior space, and two extra doors for convenience. For drivers who need their Wrangler to keep going when the road stops, there are countless options for off-road capabilities and added comfort.
Other SUVs have tried to compare to the legend of the Wrangler, but most have failed in their attempts. No automotive manufacturer has come close to creating an off-road SUV that offers as much versatility and practicality embodied by the Wrangler. The cherry that tops off the sundae of reasons to love the Jeep Wrangler, is that buying one used, might just make you a genius.
That’s Right… A Genius
Used cars get a bad reputation, and all too often, drivers are turned off from purchasing used cars. Whether it’s because a shady roadside dealership left them with a bad taste in their mouth, or they have bought into the misconception that buying used is a waste of money – either way, there is always an exception to the “rule,” or in this case – the fallacy.
Not only does the Wrangler consistently take home best resale awards from various automotive institutions, but it proves itself to be a timeless classic that every type of driver is eager to get behind the wheel of. Let’s take a look at the five best reasons to buy a used Jeep Wrangler, and why your IQ will instantly increase when you sign on that dotted line (actual results may vary).
- Less Expensive Modifications – As it goes with any used car, you will certainly pay less for a used Jeep Wrangler than you would if you were to buy new. What makes a used Wrangler unique is that the previous driver may have paid more to modify the Jeep for enhanced performance. This is common practice, especially in Colorado. If you are looking for a true off-road performer, keep an eye out for a Wrangler that has been properly modified for this purpose. You will end up saving thousands of dollars over putting the work in yourself.
- Own Special Editions for Less – One thing that Jeep does better than most other manufacturers is offer unique special edition models of every nameplate in their lineup. The Wrangler has seen countless iterations of these limited edition models over the years. While they will cost a ton more up front when buying new, purchasing one used can save you thousands of dollars in upgrades you would have otherwise had to pay for.
- Exceptional Resale Value – Did we mention that the Wrangler is consistently named one of the top models for best resale value? Some buyers in the used market may see this as a negative, but it is important to realize that this is actually a major positive. The better a car holds its value, the longer it is expected to last, and the more life you will get out of it when purchasing used. Buying a used Wrangler could last you just as long as buying one new would – and who would fail to see the benefit in that?
- Beat it Up…Worry Free – If you are in the market for a Wrangler with the sole purpose of taking it out on the trails, then a used version is your best bet. Rolling off the dealer lot in a brand new car can be fun, but it can also feel like walking on eggshells. You might be hesitant to head off-road right away, and driving down the highway can even feel like Russian Roulette. Rather than worrying about where to get enough bubble wrap to enjoy your new Jeep, you can buy a quality used Wrangler and head off-road the minute you have the keys in hand. Bring on the dirt, dings, and every possible type of terrain.
- Low Cost of Ownership – Another accolade under the proverbial belt of the Wrangler, is its low cost of ownership. Jeep Wranglers are recognized year after year for saving drivers money over their time of ownership. The Wrangler was built to be tough, and withstand whatever treachery it encounters. This rugged construction is what helps make the Wrangler the rough and tumble SUV that it is known as, and a good part of the reason why owning one is relatively cheap.
Saving money, taking your Wrangler out for all of your most insane excursions guilt-free, and saving even more money, might not actually make you a genius…but it sure does come close. We can’t all be geniuses, but we can all try…