The Benefits of Buying Used
A used vehicle will pretty much always be the least expensive out of all car-buying options in upfront cost, monthly payments, and insurance. It will also lack the rapid depreciation you will experience if you choose a brand-new vehicle, which will essentially start to lose value the second it leaves the lot. Shopping for used cars in Colorado Springs will also offer you a much wider selection of vehicles since it will include some models that are no longer being made by the manufacturer.
You should also consider the fact that although these cars were traded in, they have been evaluated by our team before being offered for sale, allowing you the peace of mind in knowing that you are getting a top-quality vehicle. In other words, when you choose a used model here at The Faricy Boys, you get a vehicle that has a low price, retains as much value in the years ahead as possible, and is in excellent condition. Best of all, you get to enjoy our simple One Price Plus program that makes shopping for a used vehicle easy and rewarding, but we will get into that more down below.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Buying Certified Pre-Owned
A Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle gives you some of the benefits of buying a used car in general, but there are also some drawbacks to consider. All Certified Pre-Owned vehicles go through a thorough inspection mandated by the manufacturer of the vehicle to make sure it is in good shape. These are also restrictions on vehicle age and mileage limits; for example, CPO Jeep vehicles cannot be more than five model years old and must have fewer than 75,000 miles on them.
Once a vehicle is certified, then it will also come with a warranty from the manufacturer, which helps provide some peace of mind with a used model. With a CPO Jeep, drivers get a 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and a 3-month/3,000-mile Maximum Care warranty that covers more than 5,000 other components on the vehicle. To be fair, this is good warranty protection, but it sounds better on paper than it really is. We should also add that you ultimately pay for these warranties as CPO models are priced higher than comparable used vehicles that have not been certified.
If warranty protection is really important to you, then we suggest you consider a brand-new Jeep. While the powertrain warranty for a CPO Jeep seems pretty great, it is important to note that it began when the vehicle was sold as new. This means a CPO Jeep that is four years old and has 60,000 miles on it would effectively have a 3-year/40,000-mile powertrain warranty. By comparison, a brand-new Jeep comes with a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and a 3-year/36,000-mile basic warranty that far exceeds the CPO Maximum Care coverage. Since a CPO model is already more expensive than other used options, your best bet might be to consider a new vehicle for the best warranty protection.
Should I Choose a Used or Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
When you are looking at used cars in Colorado Springs, the answer to this question really depends on your situation: What are you looking for? What is your budget? What will work best with your lifestyle? Standard used vehicles and CPO cars both have their own strengths and drawbacks that you should consider before making a choice.
Used cars, in general, typically include a wider selection of vehicles since they do not have to meet the standards set by manufacturers for CPO models. They can go back for many years or even decades, though you will not usually find extremely old vehicles on our lot, and can include a wide range of options and features. A used car is less expensive than both brand-new and comparable CPO vehicles, so you can get more for your money. Plus, if you are looking at a late-model used option from Jeep or Chrysler, it may still have some of its original manufacturer warranty coverage remaining.
Certified Pre-Owned vehicles, on the other hand, do include a manufacturer warranty and often feature some other benefits. However, these cars are more expensive than other used vehicles, which can make them a poor choice if you are on a budget. While the warranty protection is nice, it falls short of what you get with a new model, which might not be much more expensive after the mark-up on a CPO vehicle. The selection of Certified Pre-Owned vehicles is also more limited as they must be very recent models. These are all reasons why some dealerships prefer to avoid certification in order to offer excellent used options at a great price.
Popular Used Models
If you are interested in a used vehicle, then you are going to have a lot of different options available to you. All of this freedom when shopping for your next vehicle is a major attraction for some people that draws them to the used-car market. With so many models to choose from, however, narrowing down your options can get a bit tricky. To make things a little easier, here are some of the most popular used cars in Colorado Springs for you to consider.
Used Jeep Grand Cherokee
One of the largest Jeep models around, the Grand Cherokee is a midsize SUV that has been available for decades and has proven to be a very popular option time and again. Although you are not going to find models that are too old here at our dealership, the fourth-generation Grand Cherokee was produced from 2011 to 2021, which means it is common on the used market. There were numerous impressive engines and four-wheel drive systems available throughout this time, which means you will find a range of fantastic Grand Cherokee models when you shop used.
Used Jeep Cherokee
The Jeep Cherokee has always been a fan favorite on the Jeep lot, and not a single generation has failed to gain the attention and admiration of buyers. This is a compact crossover SUV that delivers on an impressive combination of style, luxury, and capability––everything you would expect from the Jeep brand. One of the most popular Jeep options available, the current generation of the Cherokee goes back to 2014, so you have a lot of fantastic models to choose from when you are looking at your pre-owned options.
Used Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler is the quintessential vehicle that most people think of when they picture a Jeep. It has the boxy body, circular headlights, and bold grille that harken back to the origins of the Jeep name as a workhorse that served the Allies in World War II. This unique design is already empowering enough, but you will also find plenty of commanding powertrain options as you look at different used Wrangler models. Overall, this ride breathes freedom and strength, making it an excellent consideration during your search for your next used vehicle.
The One Price Plus Program
To put it simply: our One Price Plus program is our way of making sure buying a used car is as simple and efficient for you as possible. We have all heard horror stories about other dealerships using deceptive tactics and financial trickery to post prices that end up being far from what people finally have to pay. Even other dealerships that do not engage in such methods often post high prices on used vehicles to force their customers into haggling for a fair deal.
To us, these kinds of tricks and schemes are ridiculous and ultimately fail to provide you with the kind of car-buying experience you deserve. Our One Price Plus program lets you come to us to look at the best used cars in Colorado and know that you will not have to deal with any tricks or deception. There is no need to haggle or fight for the fair price you deserve, which is what sets The Faricy Boys apart from other dealerships.
The One Price Plus program has five simple elements to it:
- One Price – Buying a used vehicle should not be a headache, so we make it as easy as possible. We post a price on every vehicle, and that is the price of that vehicle. There is no need to haggle or negotiate; we make sure that the price as posted is fair and up-to-date. We check the market and our competitors every day to ensure our pricing is exactly what it should be, so you do not have to fight for a good deal.
- Transparency – Everything we know about our used vehicles, you should know too. We learn as much as we can about each used vehicle we sell, and all of that information is provided to you so that you can make an informed decision. This includes not only information about the vehicle’s history, but also any reconditioning or servicing we have performed on it.
- Peace of Mind – The most important thing to us at the Faricy Boys is that each and every one of our customers drives away happy. That is why we offer a full refund on any used car purchased from our lot for a full 3 days or 300 miles. You can be confident in your purchase today, with the knowledge that if you wake up tomorrow and realize the trunk is too small or you hate the color, you can bring it back to get a full refund and pick a different vehicle.
- Ease of Purchase – The internet has made it easier than ever before to look at the inventory of a dealership and compare different used vehicles as you look for the perfect one. Too often, however, you find something you love only to show up and learn it was just sold. With our One Price Plus program, you can reserve a vehicle for up to 24 hours without paying any kind of deposit. See something you like today, but you cannot come in until tomorrow? Just reserve it, and it will be here waiting for you!
- Friend for Life – At The Faricy Boys, you do not stop being our customer when you drive off our lot. We believe in relationships with our customers that go on for decades, and our One Price Plus program reinforces that belief. Every time you buy a used car from us, you get $100 off the next used vehicle that you purchase from us. This is not a one-time deal either; each time you buy another used vehicle, you get another $100 off, and you retain these benefits for life.