What are The Benefits of Buying Used?
A used vehicle will clearly be the cheapest of out of all car buying options in starting cost, monthly payments, and insurance. They also lack the lack the rapid depreciation you will suffer from a new car purchase the second they leave the lot. Shopping for used cars in Colorado Springs will also offer you a much wider selection of vehicles since it will include many vehicles that are no longer being made by the manufacturer. One also must consider the fact that although these cars were traded in, they will have been evaluated by our team before being offered for sale, allowing you the peace of mind in knowing that you are getting a top quality vehicle.
What are The Benefits of Buying Certified Pre-Owned?
A Certified Pre-Owned vehicle gives you all the benefits of buying a used car in general, with a lot more to offer. The exact nature of these benefits can vary a bit from one manufacturer to another, but they all have one thing in common: providing you with peace of mind when it comes to your purchase of a used car in Colorado Springs. This helps reduce one of the biggest concerns a lot of people have when considering a used vehicle: the durability and longevity of the car.
All Certified Pre-Owned vehicles go through a thorough inspection by the manufacturer of the vehicle to make sure it is in as good a shape as possible. These are also usually not very old vehicles; most Certified Pre-Owned cars cannot be more than about 6 years old. That means there has not been much time for a lot of wear and tear on the car to begin with, but the manufacturer inspection makes sure that everything is serviced or replaced as needed to be nearly as good as when it was new.
After being thoroughly inspected and receiving any necessary repairs, only then is a vehicle certified as pre-owned by the manufacturer. This usually includes a warranty on the car’s powertrain that goes beyond the initial warranty offered when it was brand new. Manufacturers can also include introductory membership in emergency assistance services and entertainment options. Some Certified Pre-Owned vehicles can also receive one or more service and maintenance visits free of charge over the next year or two after your purchase.
All of these offerings are designed to do one thing: let you rest easy in the knowledge that your vehicle will be reliable and is in good condition. One of the biggest drawbacks to choosing a used or pre-owned vehicle over something brand new is that you never really know exactly what has happened to that car in the last few years. With a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, the manufacturer has backed the vehicle and offers you the assurance that it will keep you on the road for years to come.
Should I Choose a Used or Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
When you are looking at used cars in Colorado Springs, there’s really no right or wrong answer to this question. The answer really depends on your situation: on what you are looking for, your budget, and what will work best with your lifestyle. General used vehicles and Certified Pre-Owned cars each have their own strengths and drawbacks that you should consider before making a choice.
Used cars, in general, typically include a wider selection of vehicles. They can go back for many years or even decades, though you won’t usually find extremely old vehicles on our lot, and can include a wide range of models. A used car is less expensive than both brand new and comparable Certified Pre-Owned vehicles, so you can get more for your money. While all of our used vehicles are in the best condition possible, they are unlikely to have any kind of warranty from their manufacturer.
Certified Pre-Owned vehicles, on the other hand, do include a manufacturer warranty and often feature membership in other services. These cars are usually more expensive than general used vehicles, due to their certification and excellent condition, but are still more affordable than a similar brand new car. The selection of Certified Pre-Owned vehicles is also typically more limited, since they have to have been released in the last half decade or so and must pass the rigorous inspection of the manufacturer.
In Other Words, Get Used If...
- You’re looking for a significant price decrease
- Want a versatile selection
- Are good at noticing small details
- Dislike depreciation
Or, Certified Pre-Owned If
- If you’re looking for a slight price decreases
- Want a newer model
- You are concerned about the quality
- Dislike extensive researching into an automotive history
What are Popular Used Car Models?
If you're sold on the idea of buying used, you'll now need to consider what type of vehicle you're interested in. To make things a little easier, here are some of the most popular used cars in Colorado Springs.
Used Jeep Grand Cherokee
The largest of all Jeep models, the Jeep Grand Cherokee weights 4,513 to 5,363 lbs and measure to be 189-191″ L x 77″ W x 68-69″ H. Offering anywhere from 250 hp to a breathtaking 707 hp this grand ride can tow up to a massive 7,200 pounds. The fuel efficiency is also not lacking with a fairly efficient with 26 mpg highway. It also is one of the more charming models on the jeep lineup, and all others bow before it.
Used Jeep Cherokee
The Jeep Cherokee has always been a fan favorite on the Jeep lot, and not a single generation has failed to gain the attention and admiration of buyers. This model offers you the choice between 4x2 technology or Jeep’s signature 4x4 technology with three engine options that max of 270 Horsepower and 295 lb-ft of Torque. It doesn’t matter what kind of weather or terrain you’re looking to face, a Cherokee can stand up to it with ease. It is also just as attractive as its grand counterpart and will surely be a ride that is both convenient and performance ready.
Used Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler JK is the quintessential vehicle that you think of when you picture Jeep with two or for doors. It has the wide-open box top, the circular headlights, and a bold grille that makes you feel like you are on a safari chasing the biggest lions. This unique design is clearly empowering enough, but you will also have plenty of commanding powertrain options to feed that fire even more. The 3.6L engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, and the 2.0L turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine which produces up to 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, perfect for those drivers looking for some serious power behind their next vehicle. Overall, this ride breaths freedom and strength making it an excellent consideration during your search for used cars in Colorado Springs.
How Do I Choose the Right Used Car and Used Car Dealer?
Most buyers assume used means you will be getting a old worn out vehicle, but there are multiple ways to quickly and easily check a used car for quality:
- Never be too hasty
- Research everything
- Check the title history
- Stick to the bare necessities
- Do a personal and professional inspection
- Avoid as-is sales
- Understand lemon laws
What is the One Price Plus Program?
To put it simply: our One Price Plus program is our way of making sure buying a used car is as simple and efficient for you as possible. We’ve all heard horror stories about other dealerships using deceptive tactics and financial trickery to post prices that end up being far from what people actually end up having to pay. Even other dealerships that do not engage in such methods still often post high prices on used vehicles and plan on haggling with their customers.
To us, these kinds of tricks and schemes are ridiculous and ultimately fail to provide you with the kind of car-buying experience you deserve. Our One Price Plus program lets you come to us to look at used cars in Colorado Springs and know that you won’t have to deal with any tricks or financial wizardry. There is no need to haggle or fight for the fair price you deserve, and that is what sets us apart at The Faricy Boys from other dealerships.
The One Price Plus program has five simple elements to it:
- One Price – Buying a used car in Colorado Springs should not be a headache, so we make it really easy. We post a price on every vehicle and that’s the price of that vehicle. There is no need to haggle or negotiate—the price as posted is fair and up-to-date. We check the market and our competitors every day to make sure our pricing is exactly what it should be, so you don’t have to.
- Transparency – Everything we know about our used vehicles, you should know too. We learn as much as we can about each used vehicle we sell, and all of that information is provided to you so that you can make an informed decision. This includes not only information about the vehicle’s history, but also any reconditioning or servicing we have performed on the vehicle.
- Peace of Mind – The most important thing to us at the Faricy Boys is that each and every one of our customers drives away happy. That is why we offer a full refund on any used car purchased at our lot for a full 3 days or 300 miles. You can be confident in your purchase today, with the knowledge that if you wake up tomorrow and realize the trunk is too small or you hate the color, you can bring it back and get a full refund and pick a different vehicle.
- Ease of Purchase – The internet has made it easier than ever before to look at the inventory of a dealership and compare different used cars in Colorado Springs. Too often, however, you find something you love only to show up and learn it was just sold. With our One Price Plus program, you can reserve a vehicle for up to 24 hours without paying any kind of deposit. See something you like today but can’t come in until tomorrow? Just reserve it and it will be here waiting for you!
- Friend for Life – At the Faricy Boys, you don’t stop being our customer when you drive off our lot. We believe in relationships with our customers that go on for decades and our One Price Plus program reinforces that belief. Every time you buy a used car from us, you get $100 off your next used vehicle that you purchase from us. This is not a one-time deal either—every time you buy another used vehicle, this continues to add up and you retain these benefits for life.