The Best Special Edition Wranglers for Mastering the Mountains
Jeep has been known for designing, engineering, and producing the world’s most capable off-road vehicles for over 75 years. With an impeccable reputation for dependability and function, Jeep is the ideal off-road machine for Colorado’s challenging terrain. As dependable as the vehicles we sell, Jeep dealers in Colorado Springs always deliver the most capable models to our showroom floor.
One way that the Jeep brand has stayed so relevant in a constantly evolving market is with special edition models. Every vehicle in the Jeep lineup for 2016 has at least one of these uniquely designed editions available, and we were curious to see how each one measures up to the Colorado lifestyle. While every Jeep vehicle is off-road capable and ready for adventure, these special editions stand out in a way that the average trim levels simply cannot. If you are an adventure seeker here in the mountains and demand the best SUV to take you past the pavement, you have found the right place.
Top Three Off-Road Ready Wrangler Special Editions
Explore what we found to be the true off-road standouts of the 2016 Jeep special edition models, and see which one is the right fit for your next excursion.
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Priced at $41,795, this Wrangler may wear a top-of-the-line pricetag, but not without good reason, considering that it’s loaded with everything you need for off-road adventure in Colorado, and enough amenities to make getting to your trailhead comfortable and convenient. These little extras may seem frivolous to some, but once you have them at your fingertips, you won’t want to head out without them.
- Off-Road Ready Features: A custom power dome hood not only makes this beauty stand out from other Wranglers on the road, but it provides functional air venting for engine cooling and enhanced performance. The Rock-Trac 4×4 system features a low-gear 4:1 ratio for low crawl speeds, and increased torque for steep inclines and descents. Heavy duty steel skid plates and standard rock rails work to protect this hardcore Wrangler from harsh elements like rocks, sand, and whatever else you may encounter. The winch-ready steel front and rear bumpers are designed for off-road excursions, and feature premium rock rails as well as removable end caps. For a sleek appearance and functional performance, the Rubicon Hard Rock rocks out with 17-inch polished gloss black wheels, equipped with BF Goodrich KM mud terrain tires.
- Under the Hood: The fully capable 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine powers this bad boy Wrangler, and manages 285-horsepower along with 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Not bad for a drive through the Springs, or a trip over the mountains.
- The Extras: A leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Jeep’s UConnect Voice Command infotainment system, heated leather-trimmed front seats, and a premium nine-speaker Alpine sound system may not seem necessary to your adventure, but they sure are nice to have. The Wrangler Unlimited features four doors and seating for up to five passengers.
2016 Wrangler Backcountry Edition –
With a price tag starting at $34,695, this Wrangler special edition comes loaded with off-road features that promise plenty of fun.
- Off-Road Ready Features: The Wrangler Backcountry Edition was designed with the snow and ice in mind, making it the perfect companion in the harsh Colorado winter. The BF Goodrich K02 tires featured on this Jeep are designed to tackle snow and mud, and have an all-terrain rating. The Command-Trac 4×4 system gives this Wrangler full off-road dependability, along with Hill Descent Control, and off-road bumpers and rock rails. The standard all weather slush mats keep your interior protected from whatever your boots bring back with you.
- Under the Hood: The same 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 sits under the hood of this Wrangler, for maximum performance on and off the road.
- The Extras: The Wrangler Backcountry model may not have all of the frills that the Rubicon Hard Rock includes, but with the standard Connectivity Group, black leather interior with sport mesh inserts, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and the nine-speaker premium Alpine sound system – it comes pretty close. Backcountry themed hood decals and rear graphics tie this Wrangler to its namesake, and provide this model with a truly stand-out appearance.
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler Edition
Starting at just $31,995, this special edition Wrangler features the four door Unlimited body, and was designed as a tribute to the original Willys CJ-3A. With a nod to the past, this Wrangler has historical roots like no other SUV on the road.
- Off-Road Ready Features: Featuring the Command-Trac 4×4 system and the Trac-Lok differential system, this Wrangler can get out of any situation you get it into. A Jeep Trail Rated off-road kit is included with this edition Wrangler, and keeps you covered with a tow strap, heavy duty gloves, D-rings, and a rugged Jeep bag. 17-inch high-gloss black wheels with all-terrain tires will keep your Wrangler on track, while the unique interior grab handles will help your passengers stay put when the trail gets bumpy. All-weather slush mats are also included to keep the muddy trail outside where it belongs.
- Under the Hood: Featuring the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine as standard, this Wrangler boasts 285 horsepower, and can tow up to 2,000 pounds. The manual six speed transmission keeps you in complete control, without sacrificing your enjoyment.
- The Extras: The latest UConnect Voice Command system comes standard on the Unlimited Willys Wheeler for 2016, and high gloss black details on the front grille and rear bumpers keep your Wrangler as unique as you are. An authentically designed Willys CJ-3A 1940s four-wheel drive decal gives this Wrangler the finishing touch it needs, without forgetting where it came from.
Are You Off-Road Ready?
If your ride isn’t ready to hit the trails here in Colorado, consider checking out some of the special edition Wranglers highlighted above. Each one has a unique take on the brand, with plenty of ways to stay comfortable and safe whether you’re on or off the road. The Jeep Wrangler is the 4×4 of the decade, and these special editions only add fuel to the adventurous fire that has been burning for over 75 years. If you are inspired by the mountains that surround you, be sure to test drive one of these unique limited edition Wranglers, today!