Check Out What Makes Jeep the All-Terrain King
If there is one thing the iconic Jeep brand is known best for, it’s off-road capability. The first mass-produced Jeep brand vehicle was created for the United States military during World War II. Those first Willys MB Jeeps went into production back in 1941, and it wasn’t until 1945 that the iconic all-American brand manufactured a civilian version of the same four-wheel drive vehicle. Ever since that first Willys MB rolled off the assembly line and stormed the beaches during World War II, the brand has been focused on creating off-road capable vehicles for everyday drivers. No other automotive manufacturer has been so committed to this purpose, and it is why Jeep is recognized as the king of all-terrain vehicles. Drivers who want the best of off-road capability need look no further than their local Jeep dealers inventory of new and used vehicles.
Historic Capability Around Every Corner
There is a lot that goes into a Jeep brand vehicle in order to make it off-road ready. The iconic automotive manufacturer has mastered the process, as well as a series of state of the art systems that make off-road capability possible. Discover each of these systems by exploring them in more depth below.
- 4×4 Systems: To put it simply – no other car brand has mastered four-wheel drive technology as thoroughly as Jeep. With a variety of 4×4 systems, drivers are able to choose which version of the technology is best suited for their individualized needs. Thirteen different 4×4 systems make up Jeep’s comprehensive off-road offerings, and is the reason why more all-terrain enthusiasts trust Jeep over other brands. Check out two of the most advanced four-wheel drive systems on the market, and see why Jeep has incorporated them into their toughest off-road Wrangler models.
- Rock-Trac 4×4 – Used on the Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon models, this legendary off-road system is a top choice for drivers who prefer paths over pavement. Featuring a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok electronic locking differentials, a brake lock differential, and electronic front sway bar disconnect – the Rock-Trac 4×4 system is as rugged and capable as you need it to be.
- Command-Trac 4×4 – Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models utilize this advanced four-wheel drive system on the Sport, Sport S, and Sahara trim level offerings. Command-Trac technology helps drivers shift on the fly, without having to take their eyes off the trail ahead. Featuring a low range for rock crawling, and flat towing capability, Wrangler models equipped with a Command-Trac 4×4 system know no limits.
- Trail Rated: A Jeep vehicle that wears a Trail Rated badge is capable of so much more than other four-wheel drive vehicles on the road. Only the most ruggedly qualified Jeep brand vehicles are honored with this top-tier off-road designation, and it signifies to the world that this particular vehicle is the best when it comes to all-terrain capability. In order to receive the prestigious Trail Rated badge, vehicles must pass a series of intense tests, meant to push the envelope in every way imaginable. These grueling exercises assess traction, water fording capability, maneuverability, articulation, and ground clearance. Each of these tests are designed to separate the best off-road capable vehicles, from those who pale in comparison. When a Jeep brand vehicle wears a Trail Rated badge, there is no higher honor, or recognition, for off-road capability and endurance.
- Towing: Every Jeep vehicle was designed for ultimate off-road exploration, but the iconic Jeep brand capability does not end there. Every model in the Jeep lineup is capable of towing, whether or not it features four-wheel drive technology. Even 4×2 Jeep models are tow-rated, making them increasingly appealing to drivers who need more out of their everyday vehicle. From light duty towing, to the Grand Cherokee’s impressive max towing capacity of over 7,000 pounds, drivers can say goodbye to their pickup trucks, and hello to a new Jeep.
- EcoDiesel Technology: Jeep’s lineup of EcoDiesel models prove that capability and fuel efficiency can co-exist. The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, equipped with a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine, offers best in class towing capability of 7,400 pounds, and stuns with an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 30 miles per gallon on the highway. Jeep’s advanced EcoDiesel technology offers a quieter ride, and quick-start cold weather functionality that no other vehicle in its class can offer.
More than Off-Road Capable
Jeep has proven over the past 75 years that it can produce highly capable off-road vehicles, with unmatched technology and four-wheel drive systems. What the iconic brand also excels at, is crafting an incredible driver and passenger experience that feels more like a luxury crossover, than an off-road SUV. With lush interior amenities, the latest in-vehicle technology, and excellent safety features, the 2016 Jeep lineup is everything you want, and so much more. With other automotive brands, you are forced to choose between off-road capability, and on-road comfort. Thanks to advanced systems and technology, that is not the case with Jeep.
The entire lineup of new Jeep models is available at your favorite Jeep dealer in Colorado – The Faricy Boys. We have a huge selection of new and used models, fully capable of taking you out in the Colorado wilderness for an incredible adventure you won’t soon forget. If you need an off-road capable SUV, don’t settle for any other automotive brand. Jeep is the king of off-road capability, and is the top choice for all-terrain adventurers from every corner of the world. Come down to The Faricy Boys and explore Jeep’s advanced four-wheel drive systems on our exclusive off-road test track, and experience just how seamless the transition from trail to pavement is, from behind the wheel of a brand new 2016 Jeep model.
Don’t miss out on owning the most trusted vehicle for off-road adventures, available right here in Colorado at The Faricy Boys Jeep dealership. Winter is coming, so why not be ready with an all-terrain, all-weather, Jeep brand vehicle? Come down and see for yourself where iconic capability and unparalleled customer service meet. We hope to see you soon, and help you navigate your own journey to Jeep ownership with The Faricy Boys.